Have fun celebrating Cinco de Mayo in the neighborhood, just drive safe! DUI checkpoints are planned “somewhere” in the Northeast division area between 6:00 pm and Midnight on Wednesday.
But, instead of driving, why not stay local? Here are some great places to check out some Cinco de Mayo drinks in Echo Park:
- Nothing special going on for Cinco de Mayo, but happy hour takes place from 4-6:00 pm. Margaritas are $7, imported beer $3, and domestic beer $4. The margaritas are always delicious at El Compadre.
- Wednesday nights are $2.50 margaritas
- DJ set from 5:00 pm – Midnight
- Bucket of five beers for $20
- Appetizers at the bar (free nachos!)
- The last time we went to AYC, they served up a delicious spicy margarita with jalapeños (fresh jalapenos muddled in blanco tequila and agave nectar). YUM!
- Wednesdays are also $5 Wicked Wednesdays, where every plate on the menu is just $5
- The Dodgers will be playing the second of three games against the Milwaukee Brewers. The Stadium is celebrating Cinco de Mayo with some “entertainment,” including: Mariachi bands, Ballet Folklórico, Latin music and a ceremonial first pitch by the host of Univision’s Accion Deportiva Extra, Bernardo Osuna.
And of course you can venture outside of Echo Park to nearby Olvera Street for festivities over the weekend (May 8-9). It’s incredibly easy to hop on a bus to get to Olvera Street, I highly recommend it.
Did we miss anything? Let us know.