Yogala Echo Park is scheduled to open this month (March) at 1840 Echo Park Avenue, right by Peter Shire’s studio. They’ve got a full schedule throughout the week with a lot of different types of Yoga classes, including Baby Yoga, Prenatal Yoga, morning Yoga, and even some Pilates classes. Prices start at $12 per class, with discounts if you purchase a series or class cards. Click here for their website.
Echo Park resident Jennifer Dunlay recently started a pet-care business for when you go out of town and want to keep your best buddies at home. Artemis Pet Service will visit, play with your kitties, walk your dog in Elysian Park, and even offers overnight stays. She is fully insured, will provide references, and is Red Cross Certified. Bonus: it looks like she’s affordable! While she is based in Echo Park, she also serves surrounding neighborhoods. Click here to learn more from her website.
Juan Frias, also an Echo Park resident, opened up SuperPop Graphics earlier this year under the Sunset Blvd. bridge at 1176 Glendale Blvd. As a fellow graphic designer, he designs business cards, banners, brochures, logos, vehicle and wall graphics; and any other graphic services. The store itself contains a small retail section that has clothing with designs by Juan Frias for sale, including vinyl stickers and t-shirts. He is also able to do custom made t-shirts for men, women, children, and even babies. The store is currently operated by appointments and walk-ins are welcome as well.
- 1/2 off Sundays at City Sip (applies to all open bottles after 9:00 pm)
- Mac n’ Cheese Mondays at Stories Books & Cafe
- Speakeasy Tuesday at The Park restaurant (3 courses for $15)
- Tequila Tuesdays at Allston Yacht Club: Get any tequila beverage for just $6 all night
- Wicked Wednesdays at Allston Yacht Club at 5:30 pm ($5 plates), Happy Hour from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm also includes $5 plates
- $5 Burger Night, Wednesdays at The Park restaurant
- $2.50 Margarita Wednesdays at Barragan’s
- Free Yoga every Thursday at 10:30 am at 2HeadedHorse
- The Echo Park Farmers’ Market takes place every Friday from 3:00 – 7:00 pm between Logan and Echo Park Avenue, south of Sunset Blvd.