The annual Echo Park Community Parade is just around the corner, but before we get to enjoy the holiday jingles along Sunset Boulevard on December 14th, the deadline for submitting your application is on Monday.
Some general guidelines to follow when considering what super awesome Echo Park-themed float you’re going to have in the parade:
- Entries will be allowed to perform a 2-minute routine (maximum).
- Printed materials and items will not be tossed from the parade route.
- Megaphones or personal amplifying devices (except for performance music) are not allowed.
- The final parade lineup is thoroughly discussed and meticulously assembled by the parade committee. Unfortunately, there can be no changes.
- Remember: This is a family event – please dress participants appropriately.
The parade is on Saturday, December 14, 2013, starting at 11:00 am and runs along Sunset Boulevard from Elysian Park Avenue to Park Avenue. The theme this year is “Neighbors Make Echo Park Beautiful.” Visit the Echo Park Community Parade website for more information and to submit your application!
Last year we had a blast at the parade – check out the photos!