https://echoparknow.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/EPN_Logo_600px.png 0 0 Kelly https://echoparknow.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/EPN_Logo_600px.png Kelly2010-12-21 11:35:142010-12-21 11:35:14Roundup: Restaurant and Business News in Echo Park
Lots of new businesses opening and reopening in Echo Park the past couple of months. Here’s what you’ve missed:
New restaurants and businesses:
- Tony Yanow’s new restaurant at the old Ramona Theater has changed names a couple of times (from El Camino to Mohawk Brasserie), but it seems they have settled on Mohawk Bend. Click here for the new Facebook page.
- Haitian cuisine restaurant Ti George’s on Glendale Blvd. opened its doors again on December 9 after February 2010 fire.
- Chinese food is back in Echo Park: Chinatown Express, also closed after a fire broke out in the mini-mall, held a grand reopening December 4.
- Pop-up shop Blood is the New Black will remain open down at 1825 Sunset Blvd. through December 30 for your holiday shopping needs.
- Vintage store TИSEN opened up in the former Millenium Thrift Shop at 2118 Berkeley Avenue in late November. The owners have a great eye for vintage picks from clothes, antiques, jewelry, vinyl, and furniture.
- The Echo Curio will close its doors for the last time on Sunday, December 19 after its final Echo Obscura Movie Night.
- AOL’s hyper-local news website Echo Park Patch launched December 16.
- 1/2 off Sundays at City Sip (applies to all open bottles after 9:00 pm)
- Mac n’ Cheese Mondays at Stories Books & Cafe
- Speakeasy Tuesday at The Park restaurant (3 courses for $15)
- Tequila Tuesdays at Allston Yacht Club: Get any tequila beverage for just $6 all night
- Wicked Wednesdays at Allston Yacht Club at 5:30 pm ($5 plates), Happy Hour from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm also includes $5 plates
- $5 Burger Night, Wednesdays at The Park restaurant
- $2.50 Margarita Wednesdays at Barragan’s
- Free Yoga every Thursday at 10:30 am at 2HeadedHorse