Tomorrow, Tuesday, June 29 at 7:00 pm is the GEPENC Planning, Public Works, Parks and Land Use Committee meeting. An item of interest is the motion/action about a 64-unit complex going up at 2229 Sunset Blvd in Echo Park. This is the site of the former community garden, now possibly the site for the 65,000+ square foot residential complex.Go to the meeting if you’re interested in learning more!
Also, according to agenda item D-2, Rodeo Grill might be getting a full liquor license (they upgraded to beer and wine at the end of last year). I’m all for it as long as the margaritas are tasty!
Here’s the meeting agenda from the GEPENC website:
COMMITTEE MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, June 29, 2010 – 7:00 p.m.
GEPENC Office and Community Center
1572 Sunset Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90026
(entrance off of Echo Park Avenue)
A. ADMINISTRATIVE ITEMS:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call – Committee Members
- Adoption of Committee Meeting Minutes
B. PUBLIC COMMENT ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS**:
Comments from the public on non-agenda items within the Committee’s jurisdiction. Two minutes per speaker.
- Vice Chair
- Committee Members
D. MOTIONS & RESOLUTIONS (Discussion Items/Possible Committee Action):
- Discussion and/or Possible Action on new 142,126 Square Foot mixed use project of 64 residential units with a new floor area of 65,437 square feet, a net commercial area of 9,609 square feet and garage/storage/circ. Area of 67,080 square feet and density bonus with a 2 on Menu incentives; Transition over a Zone Line, FAR and One off Menu incentive for height at 2229 Sunset Boulevard. (CPC-2009-3488-DB-DPR)
- Discussion and/or Possible Action on request for Conditional Use to upgrade to a Full Line of Alcohol at an existing restaurant (Rodeo Grill) located at 1721 West Sunset Boulevard with 90 seats, and to extend the hours of operation from 7:00 am to 1:00 am, in the [Q]C2-1L-CDO Zone. (ZA-2010-644-CUB)
- Discussion and/or Possible Action on request to establish a monthly district walk to focus on identifying bulky items, graffiti and other public works needs in the GEPENC area.
- Discussion and/or Possible Action on request for the GEPENC Board of Governors to approve the establishment of a District Bulky Item – Roll Off Bin Pick Up program and using neighborhood council budgeted funds for outreach, food and refreshments.
- Discussion and/or Possible Action on request for GEPENC to formally participate in the 2010 California Coastal Clean Up event in Echo Park.
- Discussion and/or Possible Action on the establishment of a monthly committee meeting date and time.
E. FUTURE COMMITTEE AGENDA ITEMS
* Time allocations for agenda items are approximate and may be shortened or lengthened at the discretion of the Chairperson.