https://echoparknow.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/EPN_Logo_600px.png 0 0 Kelly https://echoparknow.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/EPN_Logo_600px.png Kelly2011-02-11 16:52:242011-02-11 19:03:04Stay local for Valentine’s Day in Echo Park
‘Tis the season of lurrrrve. Shop and eat and love locally this year for Valentines Day, coming up soon on Monday, February 14! Here’s your Echo Park guide:
- Feeding Birds Boutique always has great stuff and often sales this time of year (and they just celebrated their second anniversary!)
- Ohana Flowers (1727 Sunset Blvd., near the corner of Sunset and Lemoyne) are usually open 24 hours around Valentine’s Day for all you who didn’t plan ahead.
- City Sip will be hosting a Valentine’s Day special: Complimentary bottle of bubbly when you spend $60, and $35 per person for their prixe fixe menu (artisanal cheese and charcuterie platter, caprese or mixed green salad, gourmet panini of your choice, OMG Brownie with peanut butter mousse, or red velvet cake with chocolate grenache frosting). Call 213-483-9463 or email us at Info@citysipla.com for reservations.
- The Park is closed in Mondays, and thus will be closed for Valentine’s Day. But they encourage those celebrating V Day on Tuesday to come in and try out Prixe Fixe Tuesdays – $15 for a three course meal. Tuesday’s special is shrimp cooked in romesco sauce with wilted spinach and roasted potatoes, and banana chocolate chip upside down cake for dessert. They also started taking 1/2 off bottles of wine on Thursdays! Tempting…
- If your sweetie likes flan, pick up some delicious treats from the Flan King at the Echo Park Farmers’ Market on Fridays. You can also call 323-960-0770 to place a local order and for delivery.
- Pick up some organic, locally-made macarons at Delilah Bakery. They are made by new Echo Park residents Bernard and Claire Becker. Yum!
- Masa is also hosting your Valentine’s dinner from 5:00 pm until 11:00 pm. $45 per couple gets you: Two glasses of champagne, chilled and grilled shrimp with red pepper heart appetizer, manchego salad, heart-shaped Chicago deep dish pizza, and chocolate creme brulee for dessert.
- From 5:00 pm until 11:00 pm, Taix is serving up main courses for $35 a pop. The menu includes some delicious courses, like slow roasted prime rib au jus, farmhouse chicken breast, and much, much more. Call (213) 484-1265 for reservations and visit the website for the full menu.
Keep checking back, we’ll add more as we come across it!