There are a couple of things going on this week that I recommend you, as interested and super excited Echo Park residents, attend this week. See you there!
- Wednesday, August 4 at 6:30 pm at Barlow Hospital (Williams Hall)
- Big items are: the Draft EIR and the accomodations being made for the Lake birds.
- There will be a shuttle, picking up at 5:00 pm at the corner of Park Avenue and Echo Park Avenue (departure times are 5:30, 5:50, and 6:10). RSVP with the number of people in your party to Olga Morales at (213) 978-0329 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday at 2:00 p.m.
Echo Park Improvement Association meeting:
- Thursday, August 5 at 7:00 pm at Barlow Hospital (Williams Hall)
- This is a potluck! Bring your favorite dish or dessert and share with our council district and police division representatives.
GEPENC Budget and Finance Committee meeting:
- Thursday, August 5, at 7:00 pm at the GEPENC Office and Community Center
- Agenda items for the month of August include:
- Discussion and/or Possible Action for Budget & Finance Committee to recommend Board approval of a one page letter with the concerns of the community regarding vending at Echo Park Lake, acknowledging the vendors rights as guaranteed by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and by article I, section 2 of the California Constitution, and include Sec.42.14.1 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code on the Greater Echo Park Elysian Neighborhood Council letter head to distribute to the vendors of Echo Park Lake and take an account of the names, addresses and any other contact information provided to the members of the Budget and Finance Committee by the vendors to relive congestion and ensure public enjoyment of Echo Park Lake where those vendors are currently set up with out restriction.
- Discussion and/or Possible Action for Budget & Finance Committee to recommend Board approval for the modification of the fiscal 2010-2011 budget to be consistent with the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment’s request and call for a special meeting of the General Board approving the modified fiscal 2010-2011 budget.
Oh yes, and tonight is also National Night Out in Echo Park!